Friday 3 June 2011

Kilimanjaro 2012!!

Whoop whoop!! Kilimanjaro 2012 is booked and now to get fit...

Well what else does an insatiable traveller do when their first book is published? I've always wanted to go and so having persuaded my new travel buddy Sam to join me again (after our Thailand and Peru trips), I started planning. There are so many ways to climb Kili and so many choices to make. What company to go with, which route to take, how many nights to climb for, whether to go for personal oxygen tanks and what to do afterwards... but that's where my anal obsession for planning every minute detail comes into it's own and I was like a pig in the proverbial!

Tour company chosen based on their porter welfare policies, value for money and website impressions, route chosen on technicalities, popularity, scenery and people traffic, length of climb chosen on the likelihood of us getting fed up with being so cold for too long and what to do afterwards... safari in the Serengeti and the spice island of Zanzibar OBVIOUSLY!!

So much to do yet - get a ridiculous amount of layers of clothing, find drugs to stop us geting altitude sickness, wear in boots and most importantly, get fit. I literally don't think I've been this excited about a trip before!

No comments:

Post a Comment